Tuesday, August 22, 2006

A Custom Necklace with a Charming Story


A few weeks ago, a customer contacted me about creating a necklace for a pendant she had. The pendant was a present to her Grandmother from her Grandfather. He bought it for her in Japan when he was in WWII. When her grandmother passed away my customer inherited it.

My customer loved the pendant but it had been sitting in her jewelry box because she didn't have a necklace for it. She felt a simple gold chain just didn't do it justice.

Of course I was up for the challenge. I went with black and green beads to keep the Asian flair. I purposely chose beads that were a green that was a shade darker because I really wanted the pendant to be the focal point of the necklace.

I made it. She loved it. And now she will think of her Grandparents whenever she wears her necklace. I love a happy ending.

If you have a pendant that needs a necklace please contact me so we can chat.

Posted in Business Babble_

5 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Wow Shar. That is stunning! Was the pendant Jade? It's amazing.

8/23/2006 07:01:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sharla,
That pendant is just beautiful, and the way that you built the colors to go from mostly black to more green as your eyes approach the pendant is just stunning! You have turned a keepsake into a living heirloom!
Simply wonderful!

8/23/2006 09:17:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8/23/2006 09:19:00 AM  
Anonymous sarah said...

That turned out SO beautiful!! Not just anyone could have pulled that off...you really did it justice.

8/23/2006 11:39:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shar:

How beautiful! I'm so impressed! No one else could create something so perfect for that pendant! Good work! It's priceless for the owner! I love the story.

Now I want the BIG smile and giggle when you talk about this piece! Ha ha!

Dawn

8/23/2006 10:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home